LITTLE LEAGUE TOURNAMENT 2014
We will be playing under Little League Rules
a ZERO TOLERANCE policy exists in D33 and will be adhered to by all Managers + Players
- Be respectful to all league officials, umpires and tournament director.
- Be respectful and show good sportsmanship to the other teams.
- Cheer for your teammates, but when the pitcher starts his motion – ALL CHEERING STOPS
- NO Throwing of equipment will be allowed. Anyone doing so will be subject to ejection from the game.
- Please clean up your dugouts and spectator area after each game.
- Be aware of your game start time
- Arrive 30-45 minutes before start time
- Coin toss for Home team. Loser picks dugout.
- Present Tournament Affidavit and all supporting documents to Tournament Director (game official) 30 minutes before game time
- All equipment will be inspected by umpires 15 minutes before game time
- Each team will be given 10 minutes of on-field practice time before the game starts
- Both teams must complete practice and be in their dugouts 5 minutes before game time
- Catcher MUST wear mask with a throat guard at during ALL practice time and games.
- Coaches and players should not leave the confines of the playing field once game starts
- One manager and two coaches will be allowed in dugout
- Coaching outside of the dugout will not be permitted
- Complete lineup for official scorer is due 30 minutes before game time
- When catched is on base at the time of the 3rd out, have another player ready to warm up the pitched (must wear mask w/ guard)
- Mandatory play rule in effect. Manager’s responsibility
- Coaches – 2 adults allowed. Must be on field before the 1st pitch
- No protests – rules violations must be settled before the next pitch (so pay attention)
- Special runner rule in effect
- Undershirt sleeves must all be of the same color
- All players my be in complete uniform with LL patch attached to shirt
- Adults may not warm up players
- Pitcher will be allowed 8 warm up pitches in the 1st inning and 5 per inning after that
- Any player warming up the pitcher must have on helmet w/ throat guard + cup
- Catcher’s chest protector must have a neck collar
- Metal spikes or cleats are not permitted
- No jewelry is to be worn except for medical alert bracelets (no ejection / must remove)
- Ten run rule in effect
- A starter and a substitute may re-enter the game in the same spot once they fulfill mandatory play requirements
- Manager is responsible for providing all lineup changes to both the Plate Umpire and Official Score Keeper
- Manager may never come onto the field without asking Umpire for time first
- Gound rules will be covered at the plate pre-game with all the umpires. Make sure you understand them at that time.
- No must-slide rule. Player must: 1) slide 2) retreat 3) give themselves up 4) avoid the tag. Any takeouts will be deemed malicious and the player will/may be ejected.
- Must show up at the field (even if it’s raining) Cancellation and re-scheduling of games due to rain will be done at the field.
- KNOW THE RULES before arriving.
Best of luck to all the teams!